Saturday 5 October 2013

Let's get this party started!

Good morning and welcome to my new blog :) I know you can find a million food blogs out there but surely there's room for another one? Yes it's self indulgent and yes it can be tedious to read but in truth I've missed writing about the dull minutiae of my life now that Ma has passed away so as I've just set up my own mail order cake business I thought this was a perfect opportunity to start again. The clue is in the 'dull minutiae' rather than the 'food blog' bit, there will be quite a lot of photos and some food chat but plenty of other stuff too.

Yep that's right, a new mail order cake business, scary and exciting in equal measure and something which allows me to work from home. After nearly three years out of the job market it feels like the only way to generate income for me now so I hope it is successful enough to keep us fed and watered. I toyed with a business idea using my photography but it is difficult to make even a small living doing that, although I haven't kicked the idea into the long grass just yet - it may just be that that idea is a slow burner instead. I do a daily photo blog at Blipfoto and there's a widget on the right which shows the last nine photos I've posted on there, if you want to see more of my stuff you can click on that instead and it will take you to my page.

So cake. At present I am selling through Facebook here and you can follow me on Twitter @V_SmartCookieCo I sold six salted caramel choc chip cookie bars last night and I'm just delighted that they went so quickly. What are they? Oh I'm SO glad you asked me that... think brownie crossed with a cookie in a tray, packed with white, milk and dark chocolate chips and home made salted caramel. Best eaten warm with some vanilla ice cream. Hell yes.

They look like this:



and you get 9 big fat slices (or 12 more modest sized ones) per tray. Honestly and truly, how can you resist?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news... I've been writing a baking book for Traidcraft over the last six months and that project is now more or less finished. Just a couple of things left to make this weekend, an intro to write and some proofing to do and I'm done. So there may be a photo of some walnut blondies later... And please bear with me over the next few days as I tweak things on here, it takes a while to get everything just the way you like it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are a new follower and want to read my other blog about my time with Ma you can find it here: Her Absent Mind

4 comments:

  1. Tempting start, Bee. Looking forward to further postings. Good Luck with the new venture. Sounds perfect for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bee - very best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. {Does his Happy Dance that he Bee is Blogging again :-) }...

    ReplyDelete