Wednesday 13 August 2014

And another one

Yes more cake, well it is a cake blog (of sorts) and it's Bake Off night so it seemed appropriate. Far too early to call the final three I think but Nancy made a good showing last week, I loved the chap blagging semaphore and I feel maternal angst for Jordan (with the glasses, hair and bad teeth) because he reminds me a lot of Ed (my eldest) and I fear he won't be in the contest for the duration.

This is lime and ginger and is really rather impressive. Ginger cakes often improve with a few days keeping so it will be entertaining to see how long I can keep George away from it. It's big old cake so wrangling the slices into the boxes could be interesting...


~~~~~~~

I have an app on my phone called Timehop which pulls together any social media posts you have made on the same date in previous years. It's fun because you get to see old photos, status updates etc. but I hadn't realised it would also show me all my old posts from the blog I did when I was caring for my mother. She had vascular dementia and I cared for her for two and a half years. I am amazed at how much of that time I have forgotten so it's a bittersweet reminder but a welcome one and I'm really glad now that I did it. If you'd like to read some of it there's a link in the blog list on the right -> it's called Her Absent Mind. 

~~~~~~~~

I've posted a couple of polite requests on the Facebook page for customers to place any orders for next week as soon as possible because I'm away at the end of the week. If you were thinking of ordering some fabulous cake then doing it this week would be really helpful. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment