Friday 29 August 2014

Little cakes and heartaches

I'm back from a lovely few days in Cornwall. The sun shone for most of the time, the village was as picturesque as ever and Tregassick looked really lovely. I took lots of photographs as usual (click on the links if you'd like to see them). We also went to Heligan which is such a fantastic place and proves that it is not just flowers that are beautiful, vegetables can be utterly ravishing too.

Back home again on Bank Holiday Monday just in time to say goodbye to my son who has decided to move back to Devon for a while. I am feeling a little heartbroken at his leaving but I'll get over myself eventually. Hopefully in time to see my daughter off to Uni in a fortnight… The fun never stops in this house.

I did manage to catch up with the lovely Becky while I was away. She is the lady behind Olly's Maids and sells her cakes at fairs and markets in and around the Roseland in Cornwall. I took some photos for her too (I know, I think it's an illness actually) because she really does make some delicious things. Trust me, it's worth seeking her out if you are in the vicinity :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's business as usual now that I'm back at Cookie Towers. This week was a flurry of selection boxes and whole cakes. The Lucky Dip boxes are always popular and the Chocolate special box went down a storm again - so much so that I'm planning to repeat it this week. So should you wish to try some extreme chocolatey goodness drop me a private message on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/verysmartcookies and deliciousness will be yours before you know it.

I did some whole cakes too this week and made some diddy versions to go in the selection boxes. I think the individual sticky toffee puddings and dark chocolate blondies look great don't you?


1 comment:

  1. The photos are AMAZING - worth of postcard status by the local tourist board I would say!
    I have had a 'thank you' text this morning from the friend I sent one of your lucky dip boxes to as a house warming gift! And I await my whole cakes ready for various visitors!
    The trouble with you posting cakes is that your children know you can still cook from them miles away!
    Thinking of you lots. xxx

    ReplyDelete